Monday 4 January 2016

Review: Peter Pan (New Wimbledon Theatre)

Hey readers!
It's time for my review of Peter Pan.
After my last panto Cinderella at Richmond Theatre, which was not very good, I was very wary about seeing this. However, I am extremely glad I went to see it as the show was phenomenal! Cast members who stood out for me were Marcus Brigstocke as Captain Hook, Verne Troyer as Lofty the Pirate, Jarred Christmas as Smee, Flawless as The Pirate Crew, George Ure as Peter Pan, Francesca Mills as Tinker Bell, Chloe Macgregor, Shane Knight as Nana, Croc and Whippersnap, Sharon Ballard as a Mermaid and an Indian and Felipe Bejarano as Cecco and an Indian. Marcus is phenomenal! He's an amazing actor and he's hilarious. He used a bit of improv during the show which he was very good at. I am so glad that Verne was in the show because he really brought the life to the party. I'm sad that I haven't seen Jarred Christmas before because he is a comedy legend! He's hilarious! Chris Jarvis was quite good in Cinderella, but Jarred appealed more to my sense of humour. The dance troupe Flawless, really were flawless! They are insanely talented! I loved all the costumes, especially Verne Troyer's, Captain Hook assistant costume. This is a show that has restored my faith in good old pantos. I enjoyed every minute of the show and I think it is a show that can be enjoyed by all ages. This is what pantos should be like! The only piece of criticism I have for the show is that I feel the actors playing Peter Pan and Wendy were a little too old to do those parts. Marcus Brigstocke + Verne Troyer ÷ Jarred Christmas x Flawless = The Perfect Panto! They are an unstoppable team and not a force to be reckoned with!

The featured star of Peter Pan is, drum roll please... MARCUS BRIGSTOCKE!


Marcus is remarkable! He is one of the best performers I have ever seen in panto. The casting director is genius to have cast Marcus. I hope to see Marcus in some more theatre soon.

Now for my final verdict on Peter Pan. I give Peter Pan... 


Peter Pan is only on for a few more days so I urge everyone to get tickets to this amazing panto! 

Think it should have got a lower rating? If so comment below.

Join me next time when I will be reviewing The Book of Mormon.

Thanks for reading!

-The Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment