Sunday 20 August 2017

Review: Idina 2017 World Tour

Hey readers!
It's time for my review of Idina 2017 World Tour.
Whilst in Chicago, I spotted that Idina Menzel would be performing, for one night only, at the Chicago Theatre. I had seen Idina in If/Then whilst is was on Broadway and thought she was a terrific performer, so I thought this could be quite interesting. It also appealed to my Mum a lot, so we  got some tickets and saw her concert. The performance was very enjoyable and Idina, along with back-up singers and a fantastic orchestra, put on a really fun show with a large amount of good songs. Idina entered the stage and the first thing she said was "Hello Detroit!", before immediately dropping to the floor in embarrassment, realising that this was Chicago. She told the audience that she would spend the next two hours making it up to the audience, which she certainly did. Idina was brilliant. She provided us with some beautiful vocal performances, with songs from Frozen, Rent and Wicked. Idina is a great performer and entertainer; to keep an audience engaged for a whole two hours is a very hard task, but she pulls it off. All the songs were great, but I personally think that the highlights were: "Seasons of Love" from Rent, "I'm Not That Girl" and "Defying Gravity" from Wicked, "Perfect Story" from her album named "Idina", "Wind Beneath My Wings" from the film Beaches, "Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Simon and Garfunkel and last but not least "Let It Go" from Frozen.
 I enjoyed her music a lot and I will most likely have a listen to her new album when I have some free time. The orchestrations were great, with the pianist and the drummer standing out. Sometimes in a large theatre, such as the Chicago Theatre, the sound design is not so good, however on this occasion the sound design was great and I could hear every word perfectly, despite being in the circle. The sound was very well amplified. I really liked the way Idina connected with the audience and made everybody feel included and a part of the show. She interacted with the audience often, and even invited certain fans to take selfies with her during the show. One particular moment of audience participation that was great, was that when she performed "Let It Go", she invited younger children onto the stage with her to sing the song alongside her. All in all, this was a truly brilliant performance. It's a concert I would highly recommend to any musical theatre fans, Frozen fans, or simply Idina Menzel fans!

Now for my final verdict on Idina 2017 World Tour. I give Idina 2017 World Tour...


My rating of 4 stars was easy. It's not something I would give 5 stars to, but it's miles ahead of a 3 star. I have only been to one or two concerts in the past, so this was a great experience!

Think it should have got a higher rating? Agree with my rating? Think it should have got a lower rating? If so comment below.

Thanks for reading!

-The Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment