Tuesday 14 February 2017

Review: The Mousetrap

Hey readers!
It's time for my review of The Mousetrap.
This amazing play has been running for 65 years-the longest running production in all the world. It is even older than my Mum is! I've always wanted to see it, but for some reason I never did. Finally, I was able to change that on Saturday evening (sorry if I'm a little bit late to the party!). This is an experience that everyone needs to see at least once. It's up there with all the top tourist attractions (having said that, this is a lot better than the majority of tourist attractions). The show follows a 'whodunnit' premise, keeping tension, suspense & mystery through the entire show. Personally, I love solving things, so I really enjoyed attempting to work out who the murderer was. It's fascinating to watch the show slowly unwind. To keep the tradition, I won't post who did do it, but I will say I did have my suspicions about the person who ended up being the murderer. Having said that, I feel it could have gone any which way. As they say, "suspect everyone". One aspect of the show which I didn't expect to be so good was the set design. I adored the set design and I thought it was one of the best I have seen in ages. Clearly a lot of detail was put into it, I was very impressed. I also liked both the costume and lighting design. The show has been going for such a long time, and yet I didn't find it to be dated in the slightest. If I'm honest, there are newer shows which come across as more dated than this! The show has a fantastic cast which I think helps to keep the show "fresh". The St. Martin's theatre was one of the two West End theatre's I had never been to (the other being the Ambassadors Theatre). The theatre was lovely and was reminiscent of a museum, due to having certain features of the show's long run around the theatre. It was amazing to have finally seen this show and I'm glad I can finally cross it off my list!

The featured star of The Mousetrap is, drum roll please... SIMON HAINES!


This was a tough choice, as I thought that all of the cast were wonderful, but Simon stood out the most. He seemed to have the most depth to his character and it seemed like Simon had put a lot of work into the character.

Now for my final verdict on The Mousetrap. I give The Mousetrap...


I give this rating because, it's not quite a 5 star, it however does not fail to thrill and I had a blast!

Think it should have got a higher rating? Agree with my rating? Think it should have got a lower rating? If so comment below.

Join me next time when I will have a big announcement for the blog!

Thanks for reading!

-The Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment