Friday 17 February 2017

Review: Early Adventures

Hey readers!
It's time for my review of Early Adventures. 
I was kindly treated out to Richmond Theatre by a family friend to see this show, so beforehand I had no clue what type of show I was seeing, which was the same for my friend. It began and I soon realised it was a dance show, which was unexpected, but enjoyable nevertheless! I don't think I've been to fully danced show since around 2011. Early Adventures is brilliant, it features the best dancing I have seen in a while. The show features a team of top-quality dancers who excellently carry out the choreography. I liked the scene changes, as it helped to keep the show fresh and interesting. There are four sets and I thought each of them worked very well, as did the lighting and costume design. I particularly liked the use of puppetry during 'Town', which brought a lot of fun to the show. The best sequence of dances was during 'The Infernal Gallop', as it had the best choreography and had elements of a story. I found this part to be the most exciting of the show. The main point of the show is its excellent dancing, so if you are a fan of dance I would highly recommend this, as the group of dancers in this show are phenomenal! Sadly, I feel the show started off a little bit weak, as 'Watch With Mother' didn't have any choreography that was particularly stunning. That sequence isn't bad, it just isn't as great as what is yet to come in the rest of the show. My other negative is a tiny nitpick and not even really about the show, but I wasn't a fan of that the intervals totalled at half an hour. There are two intervals, each being 15 minutes. I understand that set changes have to be done, but I feel that 10 minute intervals would have been a better idea, as that would've cut the running time of the show.

The featured star of Early Adventures is, drum roll please... MARI KAMATA!


This was a hard decision to make, as all of the dancers were excellent and they were all on an equal parr, but I if I had to choose I thought Mari stood out the most. She is an exceptional dancer!

Now for my final verdict of Early Adventures. I give Early Adventures...


I give this rating because it was something that was really different to what I usually see, which was a nice surprise. It's not quite a 5 star, but it still shows off some of the best dancing I have ever seen.

Think it should've got a higher rating? Agree with my rating? Think it should've got a lower rating? If so comment below.

Join me next time when I will be reviewing The Kite Runner.

Thanks for reading!

-The Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment