Tuesday 7 June 2016

Review: She Loves Me

Hey readers!
It's time for my review of She Loves Me. 
She Loves Me was at the very top of my list to see, as being the huge Frasier fan I am, I really wanted to see Tom McGowan (Kenny on Fraiser) perform! Tom, along with the rest of this stunning cast, all mesmerise and the show completely exceeded my expectations. She Loves Me follows Georg and Amalia, two parfumerie clerks who aren't quite the best of friends. Constantly bumping heads while on the job, the sparring co-workers can't seem to find common ground. But little do they know, the anonymous romantic pen pals they have both been falling for happen to be each other! Will love continue to blossom once their identities are finally revealed? The show's strongest aspect is it's cast, who are all absolutely stunning and have great chemistry, they play off each other very well. Cast members who stood out for me were Laura Benanti as Amalia Balash, Zachary Levi as Georg Nowack, Jane Krakowski as Ilona Ritter, Gavin Creel as Steven Kodaly, Tom McGowan as Ladislav Sipos, Nicholas Barasch as Arpad Laszlo and Peter Bartlett as the Headwaiter. The show features an award winning set designed by David Rockwell which is so well done. The detail put into it is unbelievable and I am glad it was recognised by the Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle awards. The orchestra were brilliant and I'm glad that they were visible to the whole theatre, I hate it when the orchestra are hidden! Laura Benanti has a remarkable voice, which was perfect for the role of Amalia and she also showed great facial expressions. Zachary Levi has a great charisma and he steals every scene he is in. Zachary and Laura were perfectly matched , they just work so well on stage together. Jane Krakowski is so talented and I would love to see her in more shows. She's really funny, has a great voice and is a fantastic dancer. She came to the West End back in 2005, hopefully she'll someday return! Before going to the show, I didn't realise how funny it was. Peter Bartlett and Tom McGowan were both hilarious! The choreography and costumes are really good as well. This is a charming production and I can't wait for the cast album to be released! I was trying to choose a favourite song from the show, but I just couldn't. They're all great! The only thing that may put people off the show, which isn't a criticism, but the show could be viewed as a bit dated. This is inevitable, due to the show being written in the 1960's. I personally don't find it that much of an issue as it's impossible not to have fun at this show!

The featured star of She Loves Me is, drum roll please... ZACHARY LEVI!


Zachary is perfect in this role and I couldn't fault his performance one bit. I really felt he was the glue that held the show together. He was outstanding and I'm glad that I got to see his performance!

Now for my final verdict on She Loves Me. I give She Loves Me...


She Loves Me is playing at Studio 54 until 10th July, so if you're not bothered about the show being a little dated, it would definitely be a recommendation of mine. A great show with a great cast!

Think it should have got a higher rating? Think it should have got a lower rating? If so comment below.

Join me next time when I will be reviewing The Judas Kiss.

Thanks for reading!

-The Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment