Saturday 8 February 2020

The Basic Theatre Awards 2019/20

Hey readers!

On the 5th of February, I celebrated the fifth anniversary of The Basic Theatre Review. In order to celebrate this, I can confirm that the Basic Theatre Awards will be returning for the fifth consecutive year.

For those unfamiliar with the awards, they were first launched in 2016 as a celebration of the blog's first anniversary, and have continued yearly as a result of popular demand. In these awards, I nominate a selection of my favourite shows and performances of the year, and consequently ask my readers to help me choose the winners. The awards often prove to be light-hearted fun, and I look forward to seeing what this year's results will bring.

2019 has brought more great theatre in both the UK and the USA, and I hope that this is evident in the nominees. A full list of nominees will be published on my Twitter account (@TheReviewer23), so feel free to check that out as well.

If there is a performer or a show that you are rooting for, then please spread the word. There will most likely be shows on this list which you may be unfamiliar with, but not to worry! If there is a category that you wish not to vote in, then simply leave that question unanswered.

Here is a link to vote: https://forms.gle/tuwtMoTuJrtQVnhD8.

Good luck to all of those nominated!

-The Basic Theatre Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment