Monday 8 February 2021

The Basic Theatre Awards 2021

Hey readers!

As those of you who follow me on Twitter will know, The Basic Theatre Review recently celebrated its 6 year anniversary. It's amazing to have reached this milestone, and I thank each and every one of you that has taken the time to read this blog over the years. 

To celebrate each anniversary, I usually hold what is known as 'The Basic Theatre Awards'. In these awards, I nominate a selection of my favourite shows and performances of the year, and consequently ask my readers to help me choose the winners. 

This year has proven to be a little different for those in the theatre industry, and many award shows were cancelled throughout the course of this year. After careful consideration, I have decided to push ahead with the awards this year in commemoration of the hard work displayed by our theatre industry throughout this past year. 

As I'm sure many of you can imagine, the awards will have to adapt slightly to our ever-changing circumstances. This year, each category will consist of 1-3 nominees, as opposed to the usual 5 nominees. Beyond that, I am pleased to introduce a new category for this year alone: 'Best Digital Production'! It was a great year for digital theatre, and I am overjoyed to reflect this in the awards.

If there is a particular performer or a show that you are rooting for, then please make sure to spread the word. There will most likely be shows on this list which you may be unfamiliar with, but not to worry! If there is a category that you wish not to vote in, then simply leave that question unanswered.

Here is a link to vote: https://forms.gle/HBtiUR4xxKgzkqNZ9.

Voting will close on March 8th. Good luck to all of those nominated!

-The Basic Theatre Reviewer

2 comments:

  1. Excited to see the nominations! Is there a date when the awards will be announced? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The results will be announced on the 29th of March. I look forward to having the chance to at last reveal the results!

      Delete