Tuesday 1 August 2017

Important Notice: A Change To My "Star Rating System"

Hey readers!

It's rare for me to post anything other than a review on this blog, but I just wanted to let all of you know that I have had a recent change of heart towards my "star rating system" which will impact my reviews and the types of ratings I give.

In the past, I would give a show 1-5 stars (having said that, I've never given a show 1 star). I plan to keep that the same, however I will be changing the method in which I choose how many stars a show deserves. Prior to this post...

  • A 5 star would be something that stunned be beyond words
  • A 4 star would be any show I thought to be good
  • A 3 star would be a show I wasn't a fan of
  • A 2 star would be a show I despised
  • A 1 star would have to be something I would walk out of (but that's never happened)
There were a few flaws with this system, with one being that the 4 star rating covered far too many shows. 4 covers anything from "good" to "great, and in most cases they were very far apart and something it just didn't seem right for shows I enjoyed much more than others to get the same rating. And therefore, here is my new system of rating...

  • A 5 star is a show that is exceptional and flawless. Something that is very, very special
  • A 4 star is your standard good show, which I would give high recommendation to
  • A 3 star is something which is a little less than a 4 star due to one or two flaws, but still good
  • A 2 star is a flawed production which I feel could do with much improvement 
  • A 1 star is a show I did not like in the slightest and regretted seeing
I think this new star system will work well, and I hope all of you approve it. If anybody has any further comment on it, please feel free to either leave a comment below or send me a message on Twitter (@TheReviewer23). This change is just in time for the beginning of my reviews of American shows, which will include reviews from New York, Washington D.C. and Chicago! 

That's all for now!

-The Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment