Sunday 31 January 2016

Review: Blood Brothers

Hey readers!
It's time for my review of Blood Brothers.
Recently I haven't been very impressed with the shows that I've seen at Richmond Theatre so I was a bit skeptical before seeing this. I was very pleased I did see the show as it is the best thing I have seen this year so far! It had an amazing storyline. The synopsis is: Deserted by her husband, Mrs Johnstone already has five children and is expecting twins. She cleans house for childless Mrs Lyons who offers unofficially to adopt one of the babies. Mrs Johnstone reluctantly agrees; she knows that the child will be well brought up in a prosperous household. But, there is a prophesy that twins parted at birth will die when they discover the truth, and both mothers do their best to keep the twins, Mickey Johnstone and Edward Lyons, well separated. The show was very well directed by Bob Tomson and Bill Kenwright. The cast were amazing and all gelled well. They were amazingly casted! Cast members who stood out for me were Lyn Paul as Mrs. Johnstone, Kristofer Harding as The Narrator, Sean Jones as Mickey Johnstone, Joel Benedict as Edward Lyons, Paula Tappenden as Mrs. Jennifer Lyons, Danielle Corlass as Linda, Peter Washington as Sammy Johnstone, Tim Churchill as Mr. Richard Lyons and Graham Martin as The Policeman and the Teacher. The songs were great and memorable, with my favourite song being 'That Guy'. The lighting, costumes and orchestra was good as well. I was transported to the character's world. The show was very amusing in parts and was also heartbreaking. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. The only part I think the show could've done better was the final scene. It was done very well, but I feel it could have been stretched out a bit longer.

The featured star of Blood Brothers is, drum roll please... LYN PAUL!


Lyn is a stunning actress and singer. She was perfect for the role and she really made the audience feel sorry for her.

Now for my final verdict on Blood Brothers. I give Blood Brothers... 


This was one of the best touring productions I have ever seen. I am so gad I saw this amazing show and I hope to see it again some day.

Join me next time when I will be reviewing The 39 Steps.

Thanks for reading!

-The Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment